Monday 18 February 2008

The photo that might have been...

Before I start, just to make sure no one gets the wrong impression, even for a moment - these are not my images!

I had another one of those all-too-frequent moments during the week - one of those moments when you see the perfect photo right in front of you, waiting to be captured - but don't have your camera.
During the week we've had some pretty heavy low cloud / fog in London - from ground level it was just another gloomy day. I'm lucky enough to work on the 39th floor of my building - the view is pretty good on a standard day, but Tuesday morning was somethig special. We were above the clouds, and from my window I was looking over at the top of the Gerkin a few miles away poking out of a solid blanket of cloud.

These pics were taken by someone flying into the city - pretty good considering! It was nothing compared to the view that I had, and the photo that I wish I could have taken...

3 comments:

Simon Bills said...

Come on Nashy, resorting to using other people's photos after what, 5 weeks!!

Chris said...

... I did have a day off sick last week if that counts as a decent excuse - andI'm contracting, so ou know that I really was sick!

Unknown said...

Billo is right mate, that's pov effort... what's a damn camera in your phone for? LOST FOREVER!